Korean Chicken Biza Pizza is a new favorite pizza for our family. Roasted chicken and sweet pineapple make an amazing combination on the basis of a tortilla pizza. It is addictive, intense and fun!
Korean spicy chicken day! Well, if you would follow me for a long time, you would have realized my love of spicy food and chicken. (But I want to point out that my food is less spicy compared to other Korean spicy foods. After many years of my life abroad, I can no longer eat very spicy foods).
Back in my chicken story, one of my favorite Korean dishes is the spicy Korean fried chicken (Duck Galby, 닭 갈비). After all, I was the daughter of a Duck Galby restaurant owner for 10+ years! (This is my signal that you should check the recipe !?)
However, one day, my sister asked me to make deck galby dinner and we had a delicious meal! But I finally did not use all the chicken stuffed with salt water because I could not put it all in the pan and everything else. I was left with one fillet of chicken thighs and did not know what to do with it.
The next day, I had a good idea. I decided to use the chicken fillet as a complement to my pizza. And I must say it was one of the best cooking decisions I ever made! ?
Boy! The pizza was great! I mean really good. I could have eaten it many times without stopping! My husband and sister recommended how much fun it was. It will play your pizza for sure!
PIZZA BBQ BBQ BBQ and why we love you
It is packed with 5 simple ingredients. Clearly, Korean spicy chicken is certainly the most popular.
Among others, the chicken is soaked in Korean pepper water (Gochujang) and Korean chili flakes (Gochugaru), but it contains only spice. Also, this flavor is purified by a delicious pineapple. Just perfect balance!
Served on a thin crust – the base of the tortilla. Hard and fun!
Baked on a pizza pie. Making pizza even harder!
It pleases the crowd, and it can be served as an appetizer or a great meal. Even my little girl loved it!
This will be a great introduction to someone who has never tasted Korean food. 🙂
I hope you like it too!
Korean BBQ Chicken Pizza (info)
4 tortillas (20 cm / 8 inches)
120 g (4.2 ounces) chicken fillet, cut into thin strips
150 g (5.3 ounces) slices of pineapple (from tin), syrup or extracted juice
1/2 medium brown onion (85 g, 3 ounces) – finely chop
2 cups pizza cheese (or mozzarella cheese)
Extra virgin olive oil
(Optional) Baby spinach leaves or coriander leaves to decorate
Marinades (Combine these in a bowl)
2 tsp Korean pepper (Gochujang)
1/2 teaspoon Korean chili flakes (Gochugaru)
1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
1 tsp rice wine
1/2 tsp chopped garlic
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp raw sugar
Some sprinkles of black pepper
* 1 tbsp = 15 ml, 1 cup = 250 ml
** If you want to learn more about Korean ingredients, check out my list of 30 essential Korean recipes!
How to Make a Korean BBQ Pizza |
Marinate the chicken in the marinades for 30 minutes in the fridge. (Of course you can taste it for a long time to get more flavor. I usually pour barbecue meat for at least 4 hours in the fridge, but, in this recipe, I just marinate it for 30 minutes. It still tastes great!) If you have chicken left in the recipe, you can definitely use it, as the marinade for this chicken pizza recipe comes from there.
3. Place the pizza stand in the oven and preheat it at 210C / 410F (forced fan setting) for 15 minutes. While waiting, rub a thin layer of olive oil over the base of the tortilla and follow another thin layer of barbecue sauce.
4. Spread the cheese over the tortilla base and add the brown onions and slices of pineapple. Add the chicken strips and pick the green leaves on top. (Make sure you divide the toppings equally between 4 tortilla pizzas.)
5. Place the pizza on top of the pizza stand and cook (no changes in oven condition) until the cheese melts and the base of the tortilla has a clean texture. (It takes about 7 minutes). Although you do not have to use pizza stand, I recommend it. It makes really delicious crispy pizza! (The pizza half on the top rack is sharp, so you might want to take it first.)
6. Take out the pizza and cut. (Check out my favorite pizza cutter!) Serve hot.
If you like this spicy Korean barbecue chicken recipe, you may also love these recipes. Korean chicken wings baked in the oven, Korean spicy chicken (Duck Galby) and Korean spicy quesadilla